Sunday, September 8, 2013

Testimony of the Believer.

Recently, I have been called as a ward missionary in the Towne Lake YSA Ward, and what a blessing this has been.  Last semester, I had the most amazing missionary experience of my life -- I made friends with an international exchange student from China, and as I invited her to Institute and missionary discussions, I saw a remarkable transformation in her.  She embraced the Gospel and the scriptures with all of her heart, she showed a deep love for the Lord, and she lived her life in accordance with God's will, despite the protests of her family and culture.  Attending the missionary discussions as well as her baptism had a profound influence on my life, and I realized why people often say that there is no greater joy than engaging in missionary work.  I add my testimony to such sentiments.

Being called as a ward missionary confirmed, in my heart, that Heavenly Father is aware of my sincerest desires.  I want to build up the kingdom of God, I want to be an instrument in His hands, and I want to make a difference in the lives of others.  With this calling, I have that sacred opportunity.  About a week ago, I attended a missionary discussion with our ward missionaries.  We taught an investigator from Haiti, and his knowledge of the gospel was astounding.  We felt the Spirit strongly, and it was so humbling to learn from this investigator's faith.  When asked why he followed Christ, he stated, "I believe in Christ.  And when you believe in something with all of your heart, why wouldn't you follow Him?"  His simple yet profound statement serves as a reminder to me, and I am thankful for the example he is to those around him.  What he said is true -- the ultimate way in which we can demonstrate our faith in Christ is to follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment