Sunday, November 22, 2015

Project Red Sink: THE BIG REVEAL!!!

Do you remember, back in July, when I posted the pictures of the condo my family bought? The house required a lot of work, but I said that it would be nothing like a Property Brothers renovation.  Well... that probably still is the case, but it definitely felt like one!!!

Now, it is with great pride, pleasure, happiness, and excitement that I present to you the final remodeling pictures.  It's not perfect, but this cozy abode has certainly come a LOOONG way from where it was! As a refresher, check out the "before" pictures.

The Bathroom:

I absolutely adore this bathroom.  Before, the walls boasted an offensive shade of paint, and the floors looked like the faux wood paneling on old station wagons.  Now, there are new floor tiles, the walls have a fresh shade of light blue paint, and the shower... oh the shower.  It's white, and shiny, and clean, and gorgeous.  AND this is the warmest room in the house, so it's easier to get ready for school and work.

There's actually another bathroom in the master bedroom — my room.  I actually don't use it because there is no heater vent.  Additionally, there is a huge skylight in the ceiling, so you can imagine how cold it gets in that little room.  Icicles hang from the faucets, and liquid shampoo is now a block. Obviously, I'm exaggerating, but it's TOO cold in there!

In the beginning of the school year, both of the bathrooms were being completely gutted at the same time.  That meant... I had no shower or toilet.  So, I became quite familiar with the clean bathrooms in Provo and Orem.  The Chevron across the street has a surprisingly clean bathroom, and the toilet seat liners are remarkably thick.  That brought much comfort to me.  After about a week of toilet hopping, the bathrooms were finally finished, and I thanked God vigorously.

The Bedrooms:

This condo has three bedrooms.  Mine is the first, the one with the blue polka-dot bedspread.  A lot of people have really classy bedding.  My bedding is so juvenile and so perfect for little children.  Thus, it is perfect for me.  The other two pictures are the guest bedroom.  It's the biggest bedroom in the house, and whenever my parents have errands or meetings up north, they occupy this room.  The third bedroom is not shone here.  It's currently a storage room!

These bedrooms took a while to finish.  First, we painted the rooms using a paint called "Cotton Sheets."  The paint really is pretty.  It's more of a creamy, off-white.  The pictures don't do justice because of the lighting.  The carpet is new, too.  Before, there was some laminate and a wretched bluish-purple carpet.  That's right... bluish-purple.

The Hallway & Entryway:


The Kitchen: 


The kitchen and the living room are my favorite parts of the house.  The kitchen was certainly the biggest transformation.  All of the cabinets were painted white, and they got new hardware.  There is so much storage space, which is fantastic.  And the counters were crafted by angels.  Forever, we debated on the material for the countertops.  We looked at laminate seriously, but they were very expensive, so why not splurge and go for the real deal? The countertops are granite, and they are gorgeous.  That blasted, disgusting, red, cast-iron sink is history, and it was replaced with a stainless steel sink.  The gas stovetop is new, too.  I feel like a dummy trying to make it work... I just hear clicks five billion times and turn the knob like crazy before I see the flame erupt.  Master kitchen for an incompetent chef, right?

The Living Room:
That sad little tree.  I love it so much.



I spend most of my time in the living room.  This room was fun to decorate.  If you can't tell already, I love pops of color.  I'm not really a fan of the whole neutral decor style because all I see are different variations of brown.  My favorite colors are navy blue and golden yellow, so I planned accordingly.  All of the walls were painted, but I especially love the wall with the pictures.  I was worried about the shiplap.  I was afraid they looked dated, but now, they serve as a focal point for the room.  The built-ins with my tiny t.v. are really convenient, too.

Oh, and you might be thinking, "Psshh. Those books are just for show." Not so, my friends! I read them all in a matter of weeks, and I'm running out of space for them.
--------------------------------------
So there you have it.  This is my house.  And I love it SO much.  You might also be thinking, "Psshh. It will never stay that clean."  Super duper not so, my friends! One of the glories of living alone is that I can keep it clean.  And cleanliness is godliness.  So in this aspect, I think I'm pretty godly.  Some of my friends have suggested, "You should have a house-warming party!" I smile, and I appreciate the thought, but any type of party requires people in my house.  And food on the floor and rug.  And crumbs and spills on the counters.  And objects that are misplaced.  Yes, I'm a Scrooge, but I'm a clean one.

For the final huzzah, I considered it important to share my post-renovation portrait, modeled after the Property Brothers.  In their professional photographs, they always look so candidly robust and chipper.  Mine is more of a joke... and embarrassingly staged with an empty coffee mug, but I secretly adore it.


Love, Bekki

2 comments:

  1. You are so blessed. I will never have anything quite so nice, but I know the peace of abiding in a place for a day or so like that, and so I say ....you are blessed. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a blessing, and I'm so grateful. Always thinking about you and your family!

      Delete